Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Thank you to people who shared Cassettes and Chocolate Milk with me this week. If you missed the show, fear not. Because I love you, I've uploaded the entire show so you can listen to it at your own leisure:

Download the 102 minute show (very slightly bodge quality)

Playlist for Monday 31st July:
The Strokes - You Only Live Once
The Jam - Start!
Fischerspooner - Never Win
Interpol - NARC
Royksopp - What Else is There? (Thin White Duke Remix)
Pet Shop Boys - Fugitive (Richard X Extended Mix)
Lily Allen - Knock Em Out
Style Council - Shout To The Top
Cure - Halo
The Beatles - Why don't we do it in the Road?
The Radio Dept - Lost and Found
Depeche Mode - Photographic (live in 1984)
Mint Royale - Don't Falter
Queen - Hammer to Fall (Live at Hyde Park in 2005)
Hall and Oates - Maneater!
Blur - Colin Zeal (live in 1996)
Bright Eyes - First Day of My Life
Idlewild - In Remote Part/Scottish Fiction (live)
Aztec Camera - We Could Send Letters
Oasis - Go Let It Out
Ocean Colour Scene - The Day We Caught The Train
Pet Shop Boys - Home and Dry
Erasure - Joan

2 comments:

Nothingtoseehere said...

A very enjoyable show their Elle. A truly fantazmic mix of songs.
Listening to your show was my first introduction to the Thin White Duke Remix of 'What else is there?' by Röyksopp, what an amazing mix! Much better than the version on the album. I actually cant stop listening to that song.

I'm not sure i'm liking this new direction you're taking. No Smiths, Joy Division or New Order songs?
2 shows in a row with these severe omissions?
Unheard of, unprecedented & very un-Elle like.

Also. I'll admit i did chuckle when i read the line:

"Hall and Oates - Maneater!"

BUT, to my surprise, i did indeed enjoy the song, if only for a few moments.

Thanks for an enjoyable 102 minutes.
S.jnr

Eleanor said...

Thankyou thankyou Saeley! I'm honoured to receive your applause (god knows it's hard enough to please sae monsters!). And thankyou for sending me that live Idlewild song, it's so beautiful. I'll listen to Roddy & see if I can play something on next week's show.

And fear not, my Smiths, Joy Division and New Order will all be in reinstated next week. I don't neglect them SO much :) xx