Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Well, it does look like it's the end of my radio career in any academic means of the word. I suppose it's only a matter of time before Latrobe's Vice Chancellor taps me on the shoulder and cordially coerces me away from the students, away from the uni and away from the university ducks for the better good of everyone concerned. All for yet another overdue OVERDUE assignment.

As for Cassettes & Chocolate Milk, there are still a few weeks to go before the official demise of the station. Even though I have hope that the station will be saved in some kind of Dawson's Creek like stunt, I can't help but feel that it's all a bit hopeless at this stage of the game. Sigh.


Mick

Playlist for Monday October 9th 2006
The Faint - Total Job
Pet Shop Boys - Opportunities (Reprise)/Tonight is Forever
Regina Spektor - Fidelity
Rufus Wainwright - Rebel Prince
Roddy Woomble - As Still As I Watch Your Grave
Sophie B Hawkins - As I Lay Me Down to Sleep in Your Tub of Tea
The Smiths - Jeane (Troy Tate Sessions)
Depeche Mode - Dream On
Yazoo - Don't Go
Big Audio Dynamite - I Don't Know/The Globe
Mclusky - To Hell with Good Intentions
Fastball - The Way
Smashmouth - Walking on the Sun
The Brunettes - Cotton Candy
The Fakrays - You're Not A Star
The Buzzcocks - Ever Fallen in Love
Peter Gabriel - Steam
Blur - Song 2
Oasis - Champagne Supernova
+ a few surprises

Download this week's show (54mb). Much love and thanks go out to Ethan who set me up with webspace for my shows, Style Council & an inexhaustible supply of tea for my enjoyment. I'm much obliged!

No comments: