Saturday, October 28, 2006

Thanks goes out to each and every one of you who has supported the show these past four years. As promised, the final show slightly more organised (yet still was teeming with love and gratitude). This C&CM featured my highly fantabulous and highly original TOP TWENTY SONGS OF ALL TIME. It seemed very in keeping with my favourite publication, Q Magazine which dedicates many of its pages to ridiculous countdowns. In keeping with the self-indulgent spirit and mindless hyperbole, I put myself to the test. Here is the list, bitches:

20. Style Council - Shout to the Top
19. Interpol - Slow Hands
18. Londonbeat - I've Been Thinking About You
17. The Clash - Rock the Casbah
16. Bloc Party - Skeleton
15. The Postal Service - Clark Gable
14. Blur - Clover Over Dover
13. The Smiths - Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want
12. New Order - Dream Attack
11. Kent - Just Like Money
10. The Strokes - New York City Cops
9. Moloko - The Time is Now
8. Pet Shop Boys - Can You Forgive Her?
7. Frou Frou - Holding Out for a Hero
6. The Kinks - All Day and All of the Night
5. Depeche Mode - But Not Tonight (Robert Margouleff Mix)
4. Roxette - Joyride
3. The Beatles - Twist and Shout
2. Oasis - Don't Look Back in Anger
1. Queen - The Show Must Go On

As always, readers can download the final show in full (48mb). Unfortunately, the station cut out during half of the Oasis track and my final back-announce but the audio soon comes back. Is nothing to worry about.


All the pennies in the Thames will not make it how it was...

Again, many thanks go out to Andrew, Ethan, Mason, John, Diandra, Saeley, Laur, Ryan, Amanda, Fiona, Brett and many others from my past and present who listen out to the show ever so faithfully. I have had agents, all over the world, accosting musicians after gigs asking for interviews. I've given my lovely co-host Amanda a nervous breakdown at the prospect of interviewing Sir Carlos Barat. I've bored everyone to death the past four years. Needless to say, it wouldn't have been possible without Simon, so if you have a problem with my pathetic whinging, go to him!

A bientot, x

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it's been awesome!
don't give up the idea of the bbc!
laurie.x